CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to advance the principals of sportsmanship and fair play and to promote mutual respect among board members, players, coaches and umpires, it is the intent of WGSA to provide a positive softball experience for everyone involved in the Wolcott Girls Softball League. To this end, WGSA has established a "Code of Conduct".
The Code of Conduct shall govern the actions of board members, players, coaches and spectators. The Code is intended to provide behavioral guidance and establish clear expectations for all involved. The Code was not conceived to address every possible behavioral circumstance, however, it shall serve as the Organization's foundation for behavioral evaluation.
It shall be the obligation of all program participants, spectators and volunteers, to comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct. Any person violating the Code shall be subject to administrative action, up to and including termination of his/her privilege to participate in, or attend, any or all WGSA sponsored activities.
Any person observing a code violation is responsible to notify a league officer with the circumstances. League officers are all WGSA Executive Board members including the President, Vice President, Treasurer and/or Secretary. Notification should be a written letter or email to the league officers. Verbal notification will be considered but will not assure any disciplinary action will be taken. At a minimum, league officers are responsible to take the following action in response to a written code violation notice:
THE WGSA CODE OF CONDUCT
League Officials (coaches, board members)
· In order to adhere to these doctrines the coaches agree to the following:
· League Officials shall be supportive of the Organization's commitment to the ideals of good sportsmanship, team play, honesty, loyalty, courage and respect for authority. Likewise, coaches shall remain sensitive to the physical and emotional wellbeing of the players on his/her team.
· League Officials will be positive role models through their actions and behaviors.
· League Officials will display and instill in their players the principals of good sportsmanship and team play.
· League Officials will conduct themselves in a manner that best serves the interests of the players.
· League Officials will do their best to provide the players a positive experience.
· League Officials will ensure that winning and/or losing teams do so in a manner, which exhibits respect and good sportsmanship.
· League Officials will treat all players, parents, spectators and one another with respect.
· League Officials will provide instruction in a manner that is constructive and supportive.
· League Officials will not ridicule or demean players, coaches, or umpires or use abusive or profane language.
· League Officials will not tolerate behavior that endangers the health or wellbeing of a child.
· League Officials will comply with the decisions of the board and observe all rules, policy and procedure as established or endorsed by the WGSA.
· League Officials will teach the game of softball to the best of their ability.
· League Officials will be drug and alcohol free while at any WGSA athletic event.
· League Officials s will not use any tobacco products in the dugout or on the playing field.
· League Officials acknowledge the need to demonstrate fundamental proficiencies with respect to the game of softball and first aid.
· All League Officials agree to attend, any skill sessions that may be required by the Board of Directors and moreover, any first aid courses that may be mandated by the Board.
· League officials will refrain from profanity in verbal communications during league activities.
PARENTS AND SPECTATORS
Parents and Spectators agree to the following:
· The Parent and Spectator shall support the players, coaches, umpires and league officials. Parents and Spectators shall not "coach" or "officiate".
· Parents and Spectators will be positive role models and will not ever argue, ridicule, harass or demean players, coaches, league officials, umpires or use abusive or profane language.
· Parents and Spectators will display and instill in all players, the principals of good sportsmanship and team play.
· Parents and Spectators will conduct themselves in a manner that best serves the interests of the players.
· Parents and Spectators will do their best to provide the players a positive experience.
· Parents will make certain that their children show respect for all other players, coaches, officials and spectators.